Check it out!
The RE/MAX 2017 Recreational Property Report is here
In this years report:
- Over a quarter of Canadians with children under the age of 18 would consider selling their primary residence in the city in which they live to help finance the purchase of a cottage or cabin
- Young families are fueling demand: 73 per cent of regions surveyed reported that young families with children drive demand for recreational property
- Buyers are increasingly selling their homes in Canada's two largest urban centres and using the equity from the sale to purchase a cottage, cabin or ski chalet
- Almost two-thirds (65 per cent) of Canadian millennials (18-34 years old) would consider buying a recreational property in the next 10 years
- Peace and quiet was rated as the most important feature to Canadians when considering spending time at a cottage or cabin
Check out the full report below!